This protocol will lay out the changes during the COVID-19 pandemic. This situation is unprecedented and is constantly evolving, so all changes included here will remain as the “new normal” until further notice. We will make sure that all changes are realistic and feasible for staff and children by following CDC (Center for Disease Control) guidelines as well as those put forth by CDSS (California Department of Social Services). The procedures put in place are for the safety of all. Au Clair de Lune will still be an environment that fosters fun and learning. It is our goal to draw out and inspire the best in our students as we provide them with opportunities to create, explore, and learn.
Extra Hygiene Measures and Procedures
- Hand washing: As soon as students arrive in the classroom, they will wash their hands properly. Hands will also be washed throughout the day and more frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitizing/Disinfecting: All hard surfaces will be wiped down throughout the day, before and after use as well as at the end of each day. Any toys that go into a child’s mouth will be put into the disinfecting process like usual. All surfaces and toys will be sprayed prior to leaving the room throughout the day.
- Social distancing: Children will not need to wear a mask when they are in their classroom, on the playground, or in the bathroom. All staff will wear masks at all times.
- Socks-only classroom: All children will take their shoes off before entering the classroom. Shoes will be placed in their designated area underneath the bench.
- Safety: The classroom will be deep cleaned and sanitized every day. All toys will be also be sanitized. Windows will stay open as well as the classroom air will be filtered through our vent system equipped with a HEPA filter. Au Clair de Lune children already spend half the day outside on a regular basis as part of the regular curriculum but this will be emphasized during this pandemic.
Admission/Exclusion due to symptoms of illness
Children who present one or more of these symptoms will not be admitted to the program.
- fever (over 100°F)
- nasal congestion or runny nose
- sore throat
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle aches
- nausea or vomiting
- poor feeding or poor appetite
- new loss of taste or smell
- belly pain
- pink eye
It is a danger to other children and staff members at our facility. If you have any doubts about your child’s health, please call us at (858) 384-6648 to be sure they may attend. If your child appears to be sick or has any of the above whiles at school, we will notify the parent or guardian immediately, and it is necessary that the child be picked up within one hour of notification.
If a child is showing COVID-19 symptoms OR if you have been in close contact with a person testing positive for COVID- 19, we ask you to keep your child home. They must be isolated for a minimum of 7 days after symptom onset, and 72 hours after their fever resolves without fever-reducing medicines. (For example, if symptoms and fever resolve on day 7, the person can return on day 10.) For most, this will be 14 days after the household contact with COVID-19.
We ask that all parents and staff let us know of any potential exposure immediately. A potential exposure means being a household contact or having close contact within 6 feet of an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID- 19 for at least 15 minutes. The timeframe for having contact with an individual includes the period of 48 hours before the individual became symptomatic. If there is a positive case of COVID-19 in a child or an adult who has been present in the preschool, we will inform our parents.
While in this phase of operation, children may not bring in any personal belongings aside from what is approved. No toys or personal items from home will be permitted at this time. All fabric masks will have to go home and laundered each day. Bedding will be sent home on the last day of each week, and it is mandatory that bedding be laundered before returning the next week.
Arrival and Departure Procedures
For the moment, our facility is operational from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Pick-up and drop-off will be held in the playground. While operating in this phase, in the morning or the afternoon, if you see another family being checked in, and checked out, please be patient during this time and wait your time. All designated pick-up and drop-off persons must wear a face covering at all times.
Visitors will not be permitted at this time.
Field Trips/Special Events
There will be no field trips or special events/gatherings at this time.
Parties and Celebrations
Birthdays- If you wish to celebrate your child’s birthday at Au Clair de Lune, please check with your child’s teacher at least one week in advance with what your plans will be for that celebration. Children may only distribute pre-packaged treats as opposed to homemade.